Monday, September 10, 2012

Sharing Your Sorrow

Good Monday morning, I hope.   I found a fabulous new sketch challenge blog this weekend called Fab Friday.  This sketch is their FIRST EVER challenge!  So excited I found it right from the beginning.  The simplicity of this sketch really appealed to me- lots of room to add those unique creative touches.  Found out that I needed a sympathy card just before I put the sentiment on so this quickly went from birthday to a sympathy card.  Don't worry, I did a second variation for a birthday which you'll see tomorrow.  
 
 Can you tell that my top picture was taken in morning light and these bottom two in evening light?  I couldn't decide which was better so you get both. 
 Here is the sketch:  Go ahead, have fun with it! 
Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin
 
SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Thoughts & Prayers
Colors:  Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Basic Black
Accessories:  Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Flower Garden embossing folder, Kiwi Kiss corduroy button (remember those?!), Pinking Hearts border punch, Modern Label punch

3 comments:

  1. Great CAS design. I love the open space on the leftside of the card...really brings attention to the embossed flowers and the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful all-occasion card! I love the simplicity of your design. It really allows the embossed flowers to shine as the main focal point. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin I'm so happy you could join us at Fab Friday! I love the color combo you chose and the embossing is wonderful. It's understated but not boring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)